|

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

It’s true. Advil makes me feel high. Makes me euphoric. I had a euphoria filled lunch wherein I walked my dog, talked with my local grocer Mike, bought shaved ham and sandwich fixings from his deli and walked home. I made myself I large deli sandwich and loaded the dishwasher, vacuumed the living room, read the mail, took the trashcans to the curb. The basics of life. It’s good to take pleasure in the basics, to say to yourself, “this is my life.” I have a habit of trading my life in on a new one every three years or so. I reinvent the circumstances of my life – even my ten years in Kirksville involved new houses and jobs, new friends and identities. I recently was confronted with an opportunity of sorts to “take out a new lease on life” (this is an appropriate metaphor as I am leasing this life with a monthly payment that would stagger you) and I am opting for this life I do believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home