|

Friday, December 17, 2004

Morning -

Logistics: I am going out of town for a few days. I may post from the road, but I wouldn't count on it - so I'll see all of you virtual visitors again next Tuesday or there abouts.

I am having reality problems. Word 2000 has crashed on my computer as has my CD ROM drive so I can't do a reinstall. I can't access any of my word files including the book I am working on - for which there is no hard copy. I got up early to work on this and the light bulbs in my room burnt out when I turned the switch on. Big flash - darkness. We are out of light bulbs. I am sitting here in the dark wondering what is next.

Despite my melancholic tendencies I am not defeatist. My magic eight ball may advise that nothing furthers, but I am practical enough to simply change course when met by the forces of chaos. So, it's off to do laundry in prep for my trip. I am going to the laundry mat as the dryer is also broken. M.B. has devised this system by which she fluffs her clothing in the cool dryer with a strip of fabric softener and then lets it air dry - I've done some clothing that way but in order to pack and get gone I need actually dry clothing - so it's off to the 24 hour mat for me.

Why is there this little patch of entropy? I suppose this is constant in all lives and we are all sweeping up broken dishes all the time. I honestly don't mind.

So anyway we should do some party planning. Jason and Tif are coming over from K.C. on January 15th and would like gumbo to be awaiting them, so I am having the Cajun party then. Vegetarian gumbo will also be provided. Backing up a little bit to New Year's Eve the votes are in for fondu and drunkenness. Festivities begin at 8:00 for people who want to be social and have cheese, but get home before the roads get weird. Sleeping space will be provided for the non-drivers.

Wish me luck out in the world as my at home karma is kinda ugly right now.

I could be so much more than I am. How do I get there from here? The book that I can't access right now - the one I am writing - is actually showing promise. It's telling me that this book is just the first of many. Perhaps I should take the metaphorical advice of my moniker - brachiating gets easier when you have forward momentum. Tarzan doesn't plan for that next vine, in his ocean of motion that next wave is guaranteed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home