|

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Oh my God. I am going to be in traction. I haven’t been happy with the results of my walks with Sebastian so today we went running. It was sixty degrees out and sunny so I hunted down my tennis shoes (I bought them when the recreation center opened in the ville), I had a little trouble finding socks that weren’t black, I strapped on my armband radio tuned to NPR, got some shorts and a pullover out of the depths of my closet and off we went. We started at the golf clubhouse, ran (yes ran) up to Wash U, over to the corner of the park, up to the History Museum, across to the boathouse, back past the fountains and the Art Museum, and finally to the car. It took a little over an hour. So that’s a good start right?

During my run I got to hear the entire interview with Jimmy Carter where he backhanded the Bush administration on the environment (they have attempted to undo nearly every piece of pro environment legislation passed by Nixon, Reagan, myself, and Clinton in the name of big business), the Israeli peace process (they are the first American administration since the founding of Israel not attempt to broker a peace), North Korea (their lack of involvement in the biggest threat to the world is astonishing), and personal religious faith contrasting Carter’s perception of the pacifism of Christ in contrast to the unnecessary war in Iraq. Much fun was had by all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home