|

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Well, dinner with Ann from my former job was nice. It was a little odd to go back to all those old work conversations. Let’s call it a reminder on how glad I am to be out of that place. Turns out a few of my staffers didn’t like the shift in tone after I left and so weren’t far behind me. I am told my replacement is not graced with people skills, but that’s all my former job was, so I can’t fathom. Ah well, we wish them well in the rotation of their tide pool. Having passed their Scylla and Charybdis, we contemplate the open sea. It feels very good to be indifferent about that place, it took awhile to get here, but the pastures of possibility are much more green.

Ann, like me, has a wild streak about a mile wide so we talked a fair amount about not judging ourselves for our sometime insanity and figuring out how to channel innate madness into creativity. Anyway, it was mostly a catching up session and you know what’s up with me already, and you have no context for what’s up with her, so I won’t bore you with the details.

Does anyone want to open a bar? It’s about the only thing I can come up with right now that I might actually want to do. I just discovered that I did not win the lottery so I have no stake to open my bar. Can I play out the Tom Cruise plot line from Cocktail – become a celebrity poet bartender? I seem to have hurt my right arm in an exercise, so I’d have to bartend lefty. Bob and Linda once offered to stake me to open a bar in the ville, a generous, if unwise, offer.

M.B. thinks it might take two weeks in the water for my Resume to hook anything substantial – I am a business lackey in training.

The reasonably happy, if sun burnt and dehydrated, Karl floats on his raft awaiting passing ships or unpredictable landfall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home