|

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Support your local Chris Meme –

1. LIVING ARRANGEMENTS
Two-story townhouse with basement storage just up from the Delmar Loop – very smart and historically well informed chain-smoking lesbian roommate, dog, cat, three fish tanks full up with fish. If I don’t get a job soon I’ll be living in my car.

2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
The Unforgettable New York Times Bestseller - American Gods – by Neil Gaiman – It’s fluff, I’m trying to relearn how to read fluff. “Powerful and gripping” USA Today – so you know it’s crap, fun crap, but crap nonetheless.

3. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
My mouse

4. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE BOARD GAME?
Risk

5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE?
The New Yorker

6. BABIES?
Didn’t we cover this in the living situation portion? My sister thinks having one would do me a world of good. I am in no hurry. I know I’d make a good father, but this question so puts the cart before the horse. I like being an uncle too, so if it doesn’t happen I’m ok with that. Uncle’s have it good and are not required to change any diapers.

7. FAVORITE SOUNDS?
When my dog hears an ambulance and pretends he’s a tundra wolf doing call and response navigation, a purring engine, a purring cat, and a purring person, running water.

8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?
Powerlessness in the face of universal horror and the unavoidable ugliness and selfishness of much of humanity. I’m not a misanthrope, but it does seem like there are a lot of sucky humans out there doing sucky things to each other and to themselves in numbers too astonishing to contemplate. I think maybe competitive capitalism is probably the wrong way to go as a society, at least with the current ethics of greed. It’s a tough call. Competition does seem to encourage excellence, but only in a climate of good sportsmanship. I’m with Zizek in thinking that fear is the seed of most evil deeds.

9. FIRST THING YOU THINK OF IN THE MORNING?
1. Tito Puente 2. Where am I? 3.What the fuck was that dream all about? 4.Did I really? 5.Yes, I suppose I probably did. I usually do. 6. Now What? Breakfast? Does the dog need to go out?

10. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE?
Home - many, if at all. Cell – depends on how long it takes me to find it (in the couch under the dog).

11. What happened to eleven?

12. FUTURE CHILD’S NAME?
Tito Puente

13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE?
Friendship – traveling together in good spirit and support

14. FAVORITE FOODS?
Beets – Fried Chicken – medium rare grilled yellow fin tuna steak with cracked black pepper and a little lemon juice – venison – Julie’s filet in the cracked peppercorn sauce and hundreds of others

15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?
Vanilla Vodka Martini, vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce, walnuts, and a banana – chocolate on skin – is that too much? Jesus, I need a girlfriend. Nope. I got to figure my shit out first.

16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST?
Is eighty-five fast? If you figure in the rotation of the planet I suppose it’s really fast. Currently eighty-five is my favorite speed.

17. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
Depends on when they eat, I just leave the food dishes full in the Kitchen

18. STORMS - COOL OR SCARY?
There ain’t nothing like a big ass Missouri thunderstorm to put me in a good mood. We get cumulonimbus cloud formations here that can make whole mountain ranges look insignificant. Thor himself has a pad over in the West End from which he hurls electric zeitgeist like a mad racquetball player bouncing kilowatts and gigawatts off of the vapor shields of Mount Olympus (cool).

19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
Kit car – 1957 Volkswagon Beetle with a foot cut out of the frame and a dune buggy body slid on like a cell phone cover, with dual glasspacks and eighty inch white walls.

21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK?
Do you really need to ask that at this point? We could change the name of this blog to Supersonic Gin & Tonic.

22. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN?
Gemini on the Taurus Cusp = schizophrenic and stubborn (but I’m of two minds about that).

23. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI?
Yes – what an odd question.

24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Novelist

25. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Silly question

26. EVER BEEN IN LOVE?
Many times – falling in love isn’t hard – it’s keeping it alive that’s tough.

27. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL?
In the cupboard it’s empty, on the counter it’s full, on the bar one measures with utility, like watching the gas gauge on a long trip, rinse, repeat. It’s full when you fill it & empty when you drain it.

28. FAVORITE MOVIE(s)?
2001 – Citizen Kane (I’m not just saying that, I really love it, my first VCR had a repeat button and I would just leave it looping while I did my homework) – This is like the food question – I like too much to answer succinctly.

29. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS?
Right according to who? Fuckers. I hate that shit. THERE IS NO ONE RIGHT WAY TO ANYTHING EVER ANYWHERE AT ANY TIME UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!!!!!! Got it? The whole universe is wide open and we’ve got all these little control Nazis trying to pretend it isn’t. Look up in the sky at night. Are your eyes on the right stars? Stupid question.

30. WHAT’S UNDER YOUR BED?
Generally? Infinity. Locally, there’s a six inch gap in dense material filled with various gasses in the common ratios followed by several layers of carpeting, a hardwood floor, some plaster, another large gap filled with gasses, my grandmother’s quilt, my sick roommate, the couch, another hardwood floor, plaster & then pipes, a gap, a turkey roaster, concrete, sediment, a mixture of clay and limestone which is going to be a bitch when that earthquake hits, molten core, possibly a dense metallic center to that molten core, etc.

31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER?
I’ve always liked seven. Three is ok. I prefer primes and odds.

32. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH?
I like going to the baseball game, football on TV is good, not basketball or hockey. I’m really not that much of a sports guy. I didn’t play any organized sports as a kid, just the sandlot variety. I got my first job at fourteen so while you were at practice I was at work.

33. SAY AT LEAST ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON YOU COPIED THIS LIST FROM?
He seems to be the best thing that’s happened to Vanessa in a very long time.

34. PERSON MOST LIKELY TO PUT THIS IN THEIR OWN BLOG?
Jen suffers from a Meme addiction, but maybe not – she’s hit the meme hard of late and might need a break

35. HOW OLD DO YOU FEEL?
I've met a lot of new people recently and for some reason age has come up. Three different women on three different days have guessed that I am 27. Such an odd thing. Do I look 27? Do I act 27? Did they want me to be 27. Hard to say.

36. BEACH, MOUNTAINS OR CITY?
Beach in shorts on vacation, Mountains in a car on the way to and from vacation– I love driving the Blue Ridge, city mostly until you get a vacation. Depends on who you’re with though. The people make the place.

37. TECHNOLOGY OR ART?
Same thing – shit people make cause you gotta do something, right?

39. COMEDY OR HORROR
Same thing – one just stops short. As a writer it can be useful to put your horror just after the comedy so the mark has further to fall. That might be my new philosophy: writing is a grift and all readers are marks.

40. FAVORITE TIME OF DAY?
I’ve liked morning a lot of late, around nine – I also have always really liked ten thirty at night. I thought about saying gin-thirty, but honestly I seem to be growing out of that. It’s hard to dance drunk, you can’t keep the beat and your liable to drop people when you get your swing on. I would rather dance than drink any day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home