|

Thursday, February 24, 2005

The thinning of the herd. I took another van load of stuff up to the mall today – it’s odd to note what’s sold. The thirst extinguisher decanter shaped like an old fire extinguisher with a music box in the base that plays How Dry I am when you pick it up, the Old Style neon light, the quilt rack, some martini glasses, the Battle Star Galactica model, and other things that I may not have noticed. We’re probably approaching two hundred for the month of Feb, which will in turn cover booth rent for March.

Is this a losing proposition? At least the stuff is out of my house to the tune of many van loads of crap. I can always do a fifty percent off sale and liquidate the booth. If you figure that they are open seven days a week and they have to pay several someones to be there from ten am until seven pm then it seems to work out. One hundred and fifty a month is not much overhead for your own business.

I was riding a high from the much needed trip home, but as I settle back in to look at my insurmountable debt, student loans in forbearance, credit card debt still through the roof, insane utility bills from the spike in gas prices, I really have no idea how I am going to dig out. I guess instead of one good job I get to get two shitty ones. Nick’s pub is hiring tenders so I’m off to interview – wish me luck. Some days all you can do is put one foot in front of the other. Even if it is a shit job, it’ll do me good to have some structure. This no reason to get out of bed stuff has gotten quite old.

In positive news I’m putting up a linguist named Tom from Truman tonight, he has an early flight in the a.m. and we are ever the Kville hotel. Tom has a great sense of humor and I’m really just getting to know him so I’m looking forward to a loop wander or just a few drinks at the home bar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home