|

Monday, March 28, 2005

Today was errand day. No, I haven’t heard back from the restaurant yet. I spent some time at the unemployment office checking in and doing some job searches as well as laundry and grocery shopping. I have to tell you that what is listed on the employment search engines is quite discouraging. So, to lift spirits I took the dog to Forest Park for an hour’s hike, I am trying to do that hour of exercise per day thing, and then we ran to the plant nursery to get the herb garden started. It’s still too early for basil, but I got rosemary, sage and thyme.

I got a call this evening from Vick regarding Camilla’s grandfather who is apparently not doing well. This means emergency machinations to get her packed up and out of the country back to Chile – she had been planning on staying until June or July, but that’s all done so she can be sure and get home before he passes. She does have a form of insurance that is covering the costs of her emergency departure, but I don’t think we’ll manage much of a goodbye party. If we did it would be either tomorrow or Wednesday night, so I’ll keep you posted.

Vick is leaving before Camilla will, to go on a graduation cruise to Mexico with my nephew Trevor. This leaves me once again house and dog sitting for those two crazy dogs, as all the kennels are booked for this weekend already, and with four more airport trips to make. I have a job apparently; it’s called my family. Honestly, I don’t mind at all and she’s paying me for the dog care, so that will cover a utility.

Ok, off to make the evening meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home