|

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Projects:

I’ve been doing some research on how non-drinkers function, since I am joining the tribe for the next few months. Apparently many employ weekend and evening projects to give them a sense of accomplishment and to tire themselves out so they can get to sleep. So on Saturday I went junking with Mary, but we had a purpose. Mary’s door to her garage had rotted out and we needed to find a new one.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


She’d been to Home Depot and priced the eighty to a hundred and fifty dollar doors, the salesman there told her about a salvage business on Forest Park Parkway run by Habitat for Humanity. We found the perfect door there for twenty bucks and transported it in the usual fasion.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Mary had told me the measurements so I had begun foraging through multiple bins of old doors and I found an old redwood door with a private sign painted on it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The perfect item to ensure modesty in the garage with the Jesus and Mary statues so proximate:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After a run home for my power tools and a chisel, to set the locking mechanism and door handle at the appropriate height for the existing framework we had a new garage door. In route to my homestead we picked up a ten-gallon Mr. Lincoln hybrid as I am learning to garden this summer.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I already have more than twenty Canna shoots coming up, so we are going to have a nice wall of tropical looking lilies between our yard and the western neighbor.

Post showers, V and Erica showed up to join us for Shakespeare in the park.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

St. Louis is really great about free summer entertainment.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Viva St. Louis

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Can you believe I can walk to this free museum whenever I want? It’s a good life Charles Brown.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today I mostly lounged and cleaned a little. I met Brad and Bill up at the Taste of Clayton food festival, but I am feeling a little misanthropic so didn’t stay long. I had chicken satay from a Thai place that was good, if overpriced. I suppose summer fest style activities are not the proper province of the abstinent. Anyway, now I get to clean my room and do my homework like a good little boy and so this nine month adventure proceeds apace with boredom for spice and productivity for the sauce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home