|

Monday, April 05, 2004

There was more on my first Sader than I care to share right now. I’ve spent the last hour taking notes on every detail I could remember and will attempt to craft it into something to share in a few days – as it really was a watershed experience for me out of which I might really craft something worthwhile. But I don’t want to leave you out in the cold – my readers – so I have a taste for you of the kind of shindig the reform Jews of Creve Cour can get up to.

This was our first group song of the evening – the first of many – sung to the tune of The Flintstones (come on try it).

Moses, he’s our Moses
He’s the man that took us for a tour,
Out of, Pharoh’s Egypt
Went the children that he soon would lure.
Come sit and eat matzah all week long.
Listen to our prayers and to our songs of
Moses he’s our hero
He’s a really really good time
A forty-year guy
The one that set us free.

The Rabbi kept assuring us that irreverence was reverent and this Sader contained all required elements – more will be revealed at a later date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home