|

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Feeling kind of wound up, it’s 12:30 and that’s pretty late for me on a school night. I just got back from Kill Bill Vol II and I am feeling all “martial” and “artsy”. For pure kicking power the first episode has greater chops, but through the cunning use of Aristotelian poetics, Volume II’s slow build gives you further to fall. There is no miss-en-scene in II like the winter garden fight in one, nothing so visually brilliant. The emergence from the dunes seemed rushed. The Carrie moment was ok, fast pans to the ancient master were good, emergency 911 had been done, the trailer trash eye bash was off the chart, and pink or blue – you kill me I kill you – was quite good. See, we can talk about it and not ruin it for anyone.

Glen, Angela, Cheri & I went to I love Mr. Sushi for dinner and pigged out on huge portions of Nigiri, Caterpillar & Spider roll. We went for cheesecake afterwards at The Cheesecake Factory. Our theme for the evening was to eat at very literal establishments (I do love Mr. Sushi & they did make the cheesecakes where we bought them under assembly line like circumstances). The girls then abdicated video violence, leaving Glen and I to wrap up another lovely evening on this green earth in the cinema paradiso, mulling inter-text with our youth. My rhetoric has once again gotten away from me so I’m off to bed – night world.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home