|

Monday, June 14, 2004

Perplexing:

Feeling overwhelmed and exhausted at work last week Friday I said to Deby, in a moment of frustration, “Obviously without healthcare or a raise I am going to have to start looking for another job.” She went to the owner with that quote.

Today, after a lengthy meeting in which I expressed my job dissatisfaction and the reasons for it, not feeling appreciated – the ridiculousness of this whole desk thing etc., I was offered both healthcare and a raise – conditional on a few things – but still, it’s very good coverage, better then I’ve ever had before, the raise is not yet negotiated. Most importantly I was simply told how much I was appreciated, such a simple thing and yet essential in any job. I know, bottom line people, I am not agreeing to more than being willing to listen until all the details are ironed out. They understand that I have a desire to return to teaching and said that they wanted first and foremost to support me in whatever I chose to do.

Interesting.

Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth, neither shalt thou buy the Brooklyn Bridge just cause it’s for sale.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home