|

Friday, August 13, 2004

Plans & plans within plans.

I need to reread the Dune Series – to which the above is a reference – always a great pleasure read. For several years I would read all or part of the series every Christmas break as a college ritual.

The Metro Link was sardine city last night, both going and coming home, due to the football game and the Riversplash concert. The game was just ok, as a last minute flag on a touchdown run cost it for us, disappointing to loose a very winnable game in overtime, but it was preseason so it’s not like it matters. It’s not like it ever matters beyond the bread and circus, but if this sort of thing will keep St. Louis from being invaded by the hearty Visigoths of the windy city, then I’m all for it. Unleash the animal totems and dancing girls! The best part of the game was the halftime pewee football games, one on each end of the field, which most of the nearly packed stadium watched with more than a little enthusiasm, going nuts for a hail Mary throw from a ten year old and volubly wincing at various fat kid crunches.

What’s next? I have to work tonight as we are letting Leland and his partner go ride the roller coasters of the west. I might do that myself next weekend if Jen and fam come down for the six flags – what are the six specific flags I wonder? So after work… laundry, a rented film, something.

Tomorrow – lunch with Angela’s family, followed by dinner with my family and V’s new foreign exchange student, followed by free Lyle Lovett concert, followed by midnight show of The Dark Crystal at the Tivoli (any takers?), and what mischief will Sunday hold – that’s anyone’s guess. I suppose I am not so planned as I first thought. There’s a directors cut of Donnie Darko that just came out as well that is calling my name, perhaps that’s later tonight.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home