|

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Wahhhhhhhhhhh, this is a noise of pleasure. I woke up before the alarm at 5:50 and checked to make sure Paul was up. Paul arrived Tuesday and is staying with Mary Beth and I much of this month while he does a rotation at Barnes with the ultimate goal of getting of full residence in dermo-pathology. With Paul comes the return of dog Zoe, increasing the animals in house and reinforcing the sentiment that I want to get another dog. I went downstairs and tapped into the coffee IV that Mary Beth had hung just a little before, the French Roast with its tiny scrubbing bubbles worked the red wine and late night reading from my bedraggled body and I got some reading and dog walking in before work.

Work has been calm after yesterday’s nonsense and I got Dan and Yumi (and Brad’s Mom Peggy and myself) in for massage. Dan and Yumi are friends from grad school who are getting married this weekend, I haven’t seen either of them in years. After their massage I ran by the house to let the dogs out and then I met them up at Mai Lee for lunch – always fabulous. I had to eat and run to get back for my massage, this will sound odd but as the students need to get their hours in I sometimes literally have to get a massage at a specific time to fill the schedule. My therapist today is a master in deep tissue and afterward I had the peel myself out of the sunken foam, I’m not sure I have ever so completely melded with a piece of furniture.

After work I have to run home and clean a bit, function the dogs, and the pick up Angela to go out to dinner with some friends of hers who are professional glass blowers. I think we’re going to the Maya Café, but I’m not sure. So two great restaurants with a set of old friends, and (for me at least) a set of new friends who seem very cool at the outset, if you make your living through your art you are in a different league than me. Throw a massage, time with dogs, fish, friendships with the roommates, the anticipation of the fun time we are going to have at the wedding, and great weather all together and you’ve got a pretty damn good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home