|

Friday, November 19, 2004

Just a few days ago I gave Mary a book of classic postcards from route 66. Most of the old attractions are long gone but not all of them. On the second day of our trip we were playing tag with a high plains storm rolling across Arizona. Here it is out the window.



Anyway I told Mary I was going to pull one postcard from the book. Here it is:



and then here is Mary



I was thinking that this crater was responsible for some dino destruction, but alas not. It is too small to have blotted out the sun with clouds of ash. That honor rests elsewhere.

Near sunset the night before our stop at the crater we got off the highway to get gas and we discovered that we were here.

I decided to buy one of those disposable cameras and took this shot from the gas station where I bought it:



We then took the camera down and did the superman tourist mother road pose



Click here for more info.

Here's the view from space.



And on an unconnected note here are Jen’s children (from the same roll of film) holding up the arch at the B.B. King Concert.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home