|

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Small changes Aggregate:

I have achieved my first official sleep in! Midnight to ten a.m. My internal clock has been resetting as well. My natural and preferred sleep pattern is up till one a.m. sleep until nine. For the past two years or so I’ve been getting up at 5:30 so I would have time to write and walk the dog and get mentally fit for the endless phone calls. A rough estimate would be ten calls an hour in an eight our day, that’s 400 calls a week. This week I have taken at most twenty calls of the personal nature and I haven’t had to give anyone directions once.

Negotiations with Joseph continue. He sent me a paint-by-the-numbers outline, which is to say he knows exactly what he wants to convey and in what order, making it something of a much easier project. Here’s the problem: I really have no idea what to charge. All parties concur that the fifty dollars an hour that is standard, if not low, for copywriting is way too high for a book length project. His ideal offer would involve a total price – half now and half upon completion, with residuals to offset the initial cost. This seems reasonable to me. My question is then, what should that total cost be? And what should the percentage be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home