|

Friday, November 05, 2004

The weather has finally broken and the sun has come out. Brad just called and wants me to go dancing tonight with “that crazy girl” whoever that might be, oh Hannah ok. Jason wants me to drive over to K.C. tomorrow and hang out with he and BJ for a boy’s weekend since his wife and daughter are in Oregon. He has offered to cover my gas.

I am sick. I am edging on broke, not there yet, but certainly can see it on the horizon.

Every time I sneeze I feel like I’ve torn something, and then I gather what air I can and whisper ow. Every cough seems to start in my navel and break across the shoreline of my forehead, making my skull feel like an over inflated balloon. As the cough recedes it leaves little headache shells all over my frontal lobes. The tide is coming in.

I spent several hours last night getting an abdominal workout reliving the day’s culinary treats, and I haven’t done that in more than a year, so I must be quite sick. I went to ghetto Schnucks this a.m. and bought cold and flu stuff on which I am currently drugged. It has gone into my lungs, ick. I watched Super Size Me over at Mary’s last night and I want to exercise, but I am too sick. Very well done film, catch it if you get a chance. Jen, it’ll help you kick the fast food habit, seriously. It made me want to buy a pedometor to make sure I am getting 5,000 steps in a day. My current health numbers match his bad numbers so it’s time to get walking.

I washed the van and the blue car this a.m. I was taking a risk by driving the plate-less Chevy up to the self-wash. I just put the “for sale” signs in the back windows. People keep pulling over to look at it so I might sell it sooner rather than later. Now that Chad has moved out I don’t have to worry about city ordinances, I can just leave it there in the driveway. That buys me some time.

Chad didn’t put the trash out when he did the final move out and I was staying out in St. Charles at Vanessa’s for the election, so once again the squirrels are building temples to the squirrel gods inside our overflowing trashcans. I also put out large items for large item trash day, but they didn’t pick them up as I was late in getting them out. Bad Feng Shui. Random passers by took everything I put out except Mitchell’s old bed, so I dragged that back to the garage and stuffed it into the rafters all by myself. I am done with that piece of crap; let Belington sort it out when we’re gone. I am going to miss this apartment. If I were a millionare it would be a good investment. A townhouse in the heart of the central corridor, ten minutes from the airport and walking distance from the loop: prime St. Louis Hipster real estate. Last year they wanted 270,000 for it. I wonder what they want now?

I sent Joseph a scaled back offer on the book deal yesterday, I was leaning toward not doing it, but then he contacted me again yesterday, so we’re back in negotiations. The ball is in his court, so we’ll see if anything happens there.

Angela has hooked me up with the caterer’s network, so as soon as I am feeling better I can start bartending parties. I’ll have to pick up the old tux shirt and bow tie, been awhile since I wore that particular monkey suit. I had a tailored one that I left at days in, not that it would fit me now mind you.

I got the second round of paperwork on the jobless claim in the mail on Wednesday, so I got that mailed off to Jeff city today – hoping for a Monday direct deposit.

I did not win Wednesday’s Power Ball, nor did I make a showing in Lotto.

And that the news from Carlito’s woes be gone, I think I’ll go walk the dog, it’s warmed up enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home