|

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Bob, Mary & I watched the Packer game on Sunday after dinner at Il Spazio and I wanted to post a follow up on one of the ugliest hits I have ever seen in a football game. As Darius ran off the field we were all thinking that they better get that guy out of the stadium and the state if they want him to survive the night. Sitting there in front of the big screen, we ate part of Bob's gift set of Usinger's sausage while we watched. The Milwaukee boy karma was amping out the media room like gama rays off a sweating Hulk.

I'd spent the morning on Sunday working with Joseph and Lynn and then in the afternoon Bob, Mary & I toured the fine junk shops of the ville scoring several sets of Warhol dishes at The Wooden Rail for next to nothing. A person could open a business where all they did was shop up there and sell down here.

I got the rocks glasses that go with my green Greek girls of philosophy glasses (I had the Collins glasses and the ice bucket in a brass service that I got at a swapmeet with Paul a couple of years ago). They are sort of a 30's wedgewood take on the Ode To The Grecian Urn done in classic barware.

Mary got several choice gifts for her family - which I was about to describe, but it has occurred to me that they might drop by here from time to time. So, best to be vague about Vargus. The deal on the Warhol stuff was so good that we went back the next day and nearly bought them out. Glad to know the van can handle that much merchandise. I came home to a call that a booth is open over at my local junking haunt, it might be time to reconvert my impulse buys to currency. It's hard to say as often I see the same stuff. The people who do well are the ones that move furniture.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home