|

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

So, we have a new neighbor. Her name is Katie and she works for the landlord (which means things will get fixed around here – that explains the roofers). She had been the company owner’s nanny, raising his children, but now he has brought her into the office where she buys and sells houses, among other things, “I’m sort of a Jack of all trades.”

She seems very nice and may join us for part of New Year’s Eve, or perhaps not. She’s friendly, but also a little shy. Her former apartment had three backyard dogs that were barking all the time, so last Sunday she decided she’d had enough. The realtor’s maintenance men moved her and one of them is even helping her unpack. She’s setting up one of the bedrooms of her place as an office and the other as a sewing room. Her half of the building is a mirror of this one, so it’s a lot of space for one person.

If I don’t win the lottery and buy this building and live here forever, then BJ is sure he can get me on at Sears; that is if I want to move down to Springfield. Paul can get me on at the hospital if I want to move to Columbia and don’t mind body parts. I don’t really know if I’d mind parts, as I like them when assembled but don’t have much experience with them when they are out of the context of personhood. The manager at The Chase told me they were hiring waiters. Blah.

Believe it or not I am actually quite good with numbers and have a fair amount of experience keeping the books for various businesses, so perhaps that’s an idea now that it’s tax season and all.

Drunk John wanted us to move to New York together, so that’s a thought.

Pandora has left her box wide open and all things are possible.

Sorry to sound so drastic the other post, I was just feeling a little defeated in the frustrating world of a crashed computer. I also can’t go skiing because I have no health insurance and that makes me sad. Ah well. I’ll sort it out. I always do. Thanks for all of your suggestions.

I’m going to The City Museum tonight with Vick, Camilla, and Angela. I went out last night with John. I can’t really afford all this going out business, but ah well. At least last night John was buying drinks. I had covered Indian food in exchange for all his computer help. I might catch a nap before we go. Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home