|

Saturday, January 22, 2005

I am having Beck for breakfast. I’ve been on a Beck kick lately, not sure why. Maybe I am questing musically, sliding out into new sonic comfort zones. Hang on. I have to turn it down. Apparently I can surf to Odelay, but not write to it.

We are in the midst of a Wisconsin style north woods winter wind-whipping gale. It’s odd to have blizzard conditions with only a light flurry of snow. The trees are playing the power lines like twelve string guitars. It’s a “don’t go outside” day.

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm

Well so much for that idea. Angela just called and needs a ride to work – off into the blizzard do we go.

-time lapse -

That wasn’t so bad. Angela works on some Saturdays at a health place called Passport to Wellness – which is closing by the way. Anyway there’s a huge pet store in the same complex so I spent an hour fish gazing. My tanks are pretty much at capacity right now. I suppose I could add more convicts to the cichlid tank, but our last experiment with adding fish to that tank was a blood bath, so perhaps not.

Yesterday was free food day. Brad has thrown his back out so he bought me lunch in exchange for carrying a heavy bad of dog food around for him. Then Beth stopped by later after work and we made a Schnuck’s run for steaks and movies, she paid I cooked. We watched The Village and I must say I liked it a great deal. I went out later with Chris and Vanessa, first to Third Degree and then Cicero’s, so it was a lively evening.

Sorry for all the here’s what I did posting of late – probably a manifestation of uncertainty about my life. Here’s a passage from a book I’m reading
--
Will nodded, and there was a silence.
“Do you know what it’s like,” he asked at length, “to feel that nothing is quite real – including yourself?”

Susila nodded. “It sometimes happens when one’s just on the point of discovering that everything, including oneself, is much more real than one ever imagined, It’s like shifting gears: you have to go into neutral before you go into high.”
--
Karl, “I guess I’m in neutral.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home