|

Thursday, March 31, 2005

The final goodbye for Camilla did turn out to be quite tearful. She then left half of her stuff in the car and Vick had to go track her down in the airport. Leaving things behind falls into the basic psychology of not wanting to depart. She should actually be getting home about now.

Vick compared Camilla’s hasty departure to her own flight home from New Guinea in the late nineties. She had been teaching there in the school she had attended as a child when her ex husband Joe made a legal play for full custody of the kids such that she had two days to get back to Sacramento in order to contest. The simple act of showing up in court, not so simple considering she had built a life for herself there that she had to scrap entirely, convinced the judge that Joe’s motion had no merit.

At some point today I have to go over and get the Weimaraners. They are pretty dogs but about as high strung as could be. I am afraid that it might be a long weekend on the dog care front, especially since Sebastian loveth them not. His basic attitude is that he is too old to suffer puppies and I don’t blame him. Bringing them here is an experiment intended to conserve gasoline. Let’s hope for the best.

So, I took Vick to the airport at Seven a.m., got the dry cleaning for my interview tomorrow, took back the movies (Delovely – good and Pauly Shore is Dead – so bad), returned Angela’s missing house key to her at work (it was in Vick’s car), ran by the booth to see what I’ve sold this week – I’m giving notice tomorrow and putting everything still there on closeout special, took out the backseat of the van to make room for the dog kennels and so I can help Kat move some furniture this afternoon. I’m supposed to meet up with Tyler and Dan for some pool later, but that will depend on dog interactions. That’s my exciting life, you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home