|

Friday, April 08, 2005

Jesus I love my folks, it seems sort of obvious to say, it just that we get along really well. I went and got poked and prodded by a temp agency Thursday and after all my testing – I had to do fractions – I drove down to my sister Sandy’s. She really lives a few cities south of St. Louis proper in that river ramble that stretches all the way down to Memphis.

Her family unit was experiencing visitation overload so the folks and I got scarce and hit Bandana’s in Arnold for some St. Louis style BBQ ribs and a few pitchers of beer. When we got back to her house we ended up playing cards in the motor home until eleven at night – the classic Wisconsin game of Sheep’s head or schoppskauff. My parents are both just so funny and weird. When I am with them I have this total sense of identification where I am constantly reminded of the sources of so many of my personal quirks. They are off on their yearly random ramble, headed out tomorrow for Washington to catch the cherry blossoms before they fall. I had to program their new cell phone for them. More later - must crash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home