|

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Fredrick’s is a fun little pub. I met John O down there last night for their Star Wars marathon. They have Stag on tap. You can drink a fair amount of Stag over the course of two films. They served us free microwave popcorn in dog dishes, like you do. There was a girl named Mary in a Princess Leia costume that makes me wish I had a camera phone. I would have called you and said, “You will have to see this craziness to believe it” and then I would have sent you the image just like in the commercial.

Left with only words I should tell you that she was not the white gown with cinnamon buns haircut Leia, she was the Moroccan private dancer kill me some Jaba Leia. She too had had much Stag and had to be removed from the scene by her handlers just as she was explaining to me why I should buy her a drink. We kept waiting for Triumph The Wonder Dog to arrive and poop on everyone in costume. The bartender, who was quite cool and is studying to be a mortician, told us she had played that clip earlier. That’s good career parity; she embalms both the living and the dead.

I had fajitas with Karen and John A before I went to the bar. Karen gave me all her old books for the certification program, so that’s one less expense. They are getting ready to move into their new house over Memorial Day weekend and have secured a slate pool table for their basement. Soon I too will be a teacher, buy a house and have a pool table in a basement of my own. I have at long last reached the end of my fight against domestication. I surrender to the simple joys of home and hearth. I want a new dryer.I want a garden...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home