|

Monday, May 16, 2005

I am in the library waiting for my class to start. UMSL has this email system that keeps track of all your course work. I wasn't able to log on from home as your first session must be done at UMSL. So I got here early and signed on only to discover that our classroom has been changed. I got to read the syllabus for the first time and none of the books Karen gave me are on the list. The discussions are of people and articles that I've already read and the capstone is the design of a statement of teaching philosophy - which I already have a detailed version of. I need to stay positive and remind myself that it will be fun to talk about this stuff again. Karen warned me that I was in for some sophmoric hoop jumping while Mary has reminded me of the old dictum that I will get out of this what I put into it. All learning is recursive and the revision of my teaching philosophy will be usefull. I need a mantra... keep your head down and get to class on time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home