|

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Vignettes:

Since I’ve gotten a job, gotten back in school, begun treatment for tuberculosis exposure and quit drinking my readership has really fallen off. You would think these plot developments would keep a brother interested. Nope. They are dull developments that repulse many readers who were waiting with baited breath for car repossession or some other high drama.

Perhaps Mary’s longtime prediction has come to pass: the fundamental narcissism of blogs ultimately renders them bland fair for the general public and of only mild interest to close friends and relatives.

Maybe I am posting too many pictures and people with dial up just can’t hang around long enough for my page to load. Fulcrum Monkey: too much load for the average Joe. All double-entendres are intentional here at Fulcrum Monkey.

I am headed into day seven on the meds and am experiencing some low-grade nausea. My blood test showed a healthy liver (screw you for thinking it wouldn’t be), so lets hope I can keep my stomach working as well. This is an expected side affect.

I bought Grape-nuts cereal. I haven’t eaten cereal since high school. Grape-nuts makes some silly claim on their box that I will lose ten pounds if I eat this stuff. Special K was only offering me six pounds so I went with the higher bidder for the lower cost.

I had an intricate dream last night about long gone ex Melinda and a party in the ville. I muse about amused muses. Orpheus turns to look and she fades back into hell. Seek me not again Orpheus, it’s a long walk home and you’re an asp’s ass for haranguing Hades anyway. I need a new mythological orientation. Would mercurial motion make me murky? Perhaps the Kraken will show up at the Ozarks or Oregon’s windswept shore and point out some amorous Andromeda.

Have mythically minded meanies ever called Chris “The Kraken”? Whenever Poseidon was feeling adventurous he could unleash you on an unsuspecting populace.

I started a new job tonight and signed a nondisclosure agreement. Can I disclose the signing of a nondisclosure agreement?

I work with someone I went to Truman with. Imagine that, running into someone I know in St. Louis. Amanda, that’s her name, now joins a long list of people suggesting that I think about buying a house in south St. Louis. We have lots of people in common, but don’t know each other all that well. She’s newly married, has a cute kid, I think we shall be friends.

I saw the season five premiere of Six Feet Under last night. J & D – your salon article steered you wrong – that was some kick ass TV. Six Feet Under remains the best show on television.

I have three papers to write tomorrow and a presentation to give. I feel too ill to write them tonight so I shall slumber.

In good existential fashion I shall recall the words of Jean Paul Sartre who said, “Hell is other people”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home