|

Monday, July 11, 2005

I took another spill on my bike yesterday. I golfed in the morning with Vick and Brad. The weather was perfect with a light breeze. Mary was having a BBQ later so I decided in the interim to do my eight miles, as though nine holes wasn’t enough exercise. To tell this quickly, I was heading downhill through a forested section near the West side of the Zoo when I realized I was going too fast to take a corner. I tried to break and the rear wheel went out from under me on some gravel.

I stayed with the bike as it went down and as I spun around backwards I caught onto some weeds to stop myself and to avoid going over a low wall and into some rocky brush. I have some road rash on my left knee and leg – it looks much worse than it is. My elbow and forearm took a hit and the palm of my right hand seems to be missing some skin, but scars are sexy.

When I got home covered in blood M.B. gifted me with her spare helmet for my future calamities. She’s in a leg brace for six weeks from a volleyball injury over the Fourth of July, so we are a dinged up household. I am trying to decide if I should do homework or hit the bike trail again, I might give my right arm one more day to heal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home