|

Friday, September 09, 2005

I had an early morning today, helping Jes and Kelly get on the road for Florida. I hate to see a road trip in process that I can’t participate in, but the school I teach at has orientation tomorrow and it is a requirement that I be there. In fact I am spending today prepping handouts and my presentation. They are spending the day aimed at Atlanta in an F-150 pulling a horse trailer and newer VW Bug with a huge German Sheppard in the back seat.

Tomorrow afternoon I think I am headed to the ville to throw money at my bus with Chris and a friend of his – we are seeking confirmation of this plan – that would be throwing good money after bad. We can also participate in the Happy Ass CD release party at the Dukum, so if you’re a ville stalker I’ll see you there. You can buy me an NA Bush in a can (the Dukum needs to work on their NA selection). If I do get the bus running, parking suggestions would be appreciated.

I am waiting for the cable people to come install infinite distractions. We are on a trial where you get every channel for three months and then you decide what you want to keep and pay regular price for.

Part of the fun this week was that after a year of complaints about leaks in the ceiling, my landlord finally put a new roof on. That means that for three days the place resounded with hammers while I tried to write papers. Jes thought it sounded just like Sebastian chewing his bone on the wood floor and then amplified one thousand times. Scrape, scrape, scrape, thud, thud, clink, grind, thud, thud…..thud in a-syncopated rhythm.

The workers were nice and the even picked up most of the roofing nails. I am not going anywhere near my driveway for a few weeks even though they did use that big magnet thing. If you come and visit I suggest you park up the street.

So I have this motorcycle sort of, that’s interesting. My dad got it for free from this guy that used to live at the bottom of the hill near the entrance to our farm. This guy crashed it a few years ago and thus it has sat. The tires have almost zero miles on them and are essentially brand new. It needs some work to the (I would prefer a new set of) handlebars and associated devices. The glass on the speedometer is broken. It’s probably about 500 dollars from roadworthy.

It is a large 850 made for highway cruising. It is one serious hunk of metal compared to Jes’s bike. It has shaft instead of belt propulsion and it has four cylinders that each get their own carburetor. Dad was saying I should ditch the plastic air intake and do all four in separate shiny chrome. That sounds good to me. Ah well, there you have it, a slightly longer post from monkey and his momentum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home