|

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Ruddy, bloody, study break: Well, the proverbial shit has hit the fan and I am at last forced to start working my ass off. You knew it would happen, didn’t you. I’ve been humming right along much of the term, but now, as the middle approaches, higher gears are required. I’ve been putting lots of energy into my job so I am caught up there and ready to take a productivity plunge.

I just transformed many pages of notes into an eight page journal of my internship thus far and I am in the middle of one of three power point presentations that I have to deliver this week. I shouldn’t have left the house all weekend, but I did, going to a BBQ and bonfire of sorts last night at Chris and Vanessa’s and having BBQ at Myra and David’s tonight.

The food from David was reward for helping to remove an old, dead air-conditioner and the moving of a good air-conditioner into the basement for storage. Jes had to vacuum me off after I emerged from taking the outer wall bolts off the casing unit. We left the ancient boat anchor of a cooling device in the alley in such a manner as to encourage its theft, or salvage, or however we’re thinking about dumpster driving (I do mean “driving” with big Sanford & Son salvage trucks) these days.

The Saturday BBQ was astoundingly extravagant for being planned so last minute and followed meeting Jes’ friends Ben and Tempe. I think Tempe should write for Blogging for Babies based on her current house full of children. Douglas, one of their twins, and I bonded. I even got him to sleep for awhile in the crux of my arm (or is that crutch? You have the crux of an argument. Do you have the crux of an arm?). I also met their seven year old boxer A-V (as in audio visual). He’s a very cute pup, slightly larger than my dog and moving a little faster as well.

Philosophy Joke: Ben has Being and Time in the backseat of his car, but then I guess we all do, don’t we (Heidegger humor)?

I am quite the user of parentheticals this evening. That reminds me of the Steven Wright stand up line, “If sometimes I’m talking and you can’t hear me, it’s because I’m in parenthesis.” So, writing monster blogs is obviously yet another form of procrastination that is masquerading as a useful study break and mental freshener.

That could be a meta- Halloween costume. Don’t wear a costume and then tell everyone you are dressed as “procrastination”. I went one year as man-with-pipe. I had a pipe. It’s the same idea. What are you doing for Halloween?

If you’re feeling fractured but still holding it together are you “staying a part” at the seams?

Right, back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home