|

Sunday, August 10, 2008

I just checked my statcounter and, even though I haven't posted anything new in weeks, people are still drifting by to check in. Throw a dog a bone. As the summer has wound down I've been so busy trying to get all those last summer plans accomplished that I haven't taken the time to write. I've also been more active on Facebook, getting my internet communication fix that way. In comparison, blogging sometimes seems much more about monologue than communication.

So... life has been mostly about Elliot and going back to work. I start teaching again tomorrow. I've gone down to teaching four classes, three of which are all honors students. I like the material and I'm sure the kids will be great. The biggest downside is that my workday starts at 7:15. This means that I have to get up at five a.m. to be fully prepared for my day.

Elliot isn't walking yet, but he can pull himself up to standing and wobble around in a circle. He's eating solids now: sweet potato puffs and Cheerios. His top two teeth are breaking through and he's sad about it. He's still eating like a champ and actually went through two Gerber's step two meals in a single sitting today - that's a record. We took him to the park this morning and did swings. I'm going to miss a lot of happy mornings.

I had to work late the other night. He was still asleep when I left and already in bed when I got home. I remember my own father used to come in my room at night, if he had missed seeing me during the day, and he would just lay on my floor and listen to me breathe. Winning the bread at what cost...

I suppose there is no sense whining about the travails of everyman, especially after having two months to hang out. I should be excited about my return to intellectual life after lots of lazy liberty. Ah well, five a.m. will come quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home