|

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

What should I write about? I get these few minutes at lunch – we’ve been really busy this week. News of the odd, we had a meeting on Monday – during which we began to hear critter noises coming from the ceiling. Continuing with the turkey theme, a bird had worked its way into the space above the drop ceiling. I get all the resident boy jobs of which this is just a colorful example. I went and got a sheet from the clinic and a broom from the back room. I closed the office door and removed a ceiling tile. I then began to herd the bird toward the hole by hitting the ceiling with the broom handle. Eventually the bird flew into the office proper– at which point I was trapped in the room with a pissed off bird which then began to fly in circles, perching on the fake tree, the shelf, the golden statue of Ganesha, the bamboo plant on the filing cabinet, etc.
I tried at first to throw the sheet over the bird, but was having no success with that, he was quite adept at changing course mid flight. I got him once, but he escaped behind my desk before I could close the trap. This made the situation worse as now an unseen pissed off bird was making a mess of the computer connections between my desk and the wall. He eventually regained the air and made the mistake of attempting to alight on the sill of the French doors. I was able to press him against the glass with the bristles of the broom and then get the sheet around him for safe transit outside. Debbie told me that birds inside are bad omens, Tuesday was a horrible day full of fear and loathing, so Monday’s bird did in fact predict a ridiculously rigorous day.
Today is much more low key. I have a massage scheduled for four. I also got paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So now I get to decide what I can live on for the next few weeks, and then I’ll send the rest to past due utilities. The fish get a filter, the dog gets a bone, I get Gin to swim in, and all is well with the payday world. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home