|

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Whew, I told Jen I would write over my lunch break, but there was no time. Too many machines to function – dishwasher etc. I’m also so pensive right now that the thought of sitting down to write has something of the floodgate fear about it. Work – they have bought me a nice new desk and a new chair – a seven hundred dollar chair – that is arriving on Friday. I am also getting a new computer with a flat screen monitor. No word yet on whether or not I will have to, yet again, assemble my own desk. I signed the blue cross blue shield application yesterday so I should soon have health insurance… careful what you wish for, for you shall surely have it. I said a raise or health insurance – they said a raise and health insurance – no word yet on the amount of said raise. Said raise has a two month lead time to encourage me to make the transition well. Will the raise simply offset the amount of the healthcare that they want me to pay for (50$ a month)? Will the raise seem worth what, another year of my life? Three down, how many to go? At least now I can go get a check up.

Jason, “I don’t care what direction you take, the important thing is to move forward. I don’t see you doing that there.”

Mary Beth, “The chair is probably second hand, one of those aeron chairs that belonged to some poor dot-com exec who got canned with only his worthless stock to give him solace.”

Karl, last night, “Is the chair like golden handcuffs? More like a golden ass cuff.”

Mary Beth, “A lavender ass cuff.” (The Chair is supposedly lavender.)

Karl, “My first priority is to free myself of the albatross of debt that hangs around my neck, the questions is, what is the best way to go about that? I also have goals of self development and being of assistance to others. Can I meet those goals where I am? Could I meet all of the above goals better if I were somewhere else?”

Kirksville does not seem to be the correct move at this point. However much momentum I seem to have lost from the weekend, I would assure you all that these waters, while still on the surface, are plumbing their deeper currents for the correct course of action.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home