|

Friday, July 30, 2004

The pink shirt is now white, the yellow shirt dissolved into shreds and had to be thrown out. That’s ok – I know where I can get another one. I got to work and the basement and upstairs storeroom were flooded. I mopped. The floor to the storeroom is waterlogged and sagging slightly. We had tiled two treatment rooms after the last basement flood. As with all well made plans, this allowed much more water to enter the basement and flood rooms that have never flooded before. I mopped. Steve Steve the Benzedrine man, if he can’t clean it no one can. Steve is on his way to suck out the water and spread anti-microbial agents upon the wind (into the carpet by the gallons). He will talk rapidly at me, that is he will talk at me if I am here.

I just got a very important phone call from my mother. My cousin Greg’s son GJ has needed a kidney transplant. He’s been on the list and his mother is in the Philipines trying to arrange a Visa for her sister to come here and be a donor, she’s a perfect match. His name just came up today, right now. They, GJ and Greg, are on their way to Barnes for the transplant. My Aunt and Uncle are on their way down from Wisconsin. GJ is a teenager though he looks much younger from the stress on his body due to the poor kidney function from birth, he’s thirteen I think. The subtext for this donation is that someone his age, a match, must have passed in an accident last night. Greg is Glenn’s brother, whose birthday would have been July 20th. Shirley has just sold her family home, her mother’s home, her family’s ancestral farm, where Glenn was murdered last year. I am going to try and tie up loose ends here at work such as I can, but I am leaving for the hospital at noon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home