|

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Veins of sludge and a mind muddied with the Crisco goodness of Schnuck’s fried chicken. I was returning a film, Hell Boy, at lunch and couldn’t resist the ready-to-eat-ness of this cholesterol laden “meal” and of course I must now suffer through the food groggys until such time as I am able to thin my blood with a little gin. Ah health. Not much to report from stasis land. Hell Boy would have been good if I was fourteen, but as I am not, it was not so great – just eye candy. I have already left mentally on my vacation. My body will rendezvous with my mind tomorrow night in the Denver airport around nine pm. I’ve heard it said that vistas, in that you focus on few fixed points when viewing them, are conducive to deep relaxation and abstract musing. I go in search of vistas.

I was thinking that I hadn’t done anything to get ready for my trip, but that’s not true. I’ve arranged the pet care, though I should buy extra food to be safe. I’ve paid rent in advance through on-line bill pay, though we still need to get the renewed lease in. I have not packed, but I have done laundry so at least the clothes are clean. I’m half ready to half go with my one-way ticket on this ten day round trip. Divided Gemini, when will you meld? Will this trip allow a welding of your head and heart, which generally you keep far apart? Whatever happened to your brother Andy’s Dodge Dart? Languishing in a wrecking yard, it isn’t hard to assume that when the twins come you need more room. As Hitler and the Nazis found, sometimes you need more lebensraum. As Hitler and the Nazis saw, this principle has major flaws.


We watched Big Fish last night. Makes me think about my little tank and wonder what more room would do for me. Take ten days, get away, think about it, call me when you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home