|

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

I arrived early to the Chamber of Commerce luncheon today – early enough to watch one of the chamber members fill his Styrofoam coffee cup with two beers and put the lid on. “Well Done!” thought I. He’s one of those big firm handshake guys and is a personality on one of the local radio stations. He had suggested at the last meeting that we sponsor a Maplewood pub crawl ending with an actual crawl up the steps of the Saratoga. It was at his behest that I tried the Maplewoody Long Island Ice Tea at the Maya Café the other night. I am still in my sheep’s clothing among these folk, but his wolfish behavior may yet tempt me into embarrassing situations of libational libidination. Maplewood after hours is this Thursday night and I have to ask myself, “Do I want to get drunk with these people?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home