|

Monday, September 13, 2004

Feelin the squeeze. I sent off for application materials to Iowa City, Northwestern, and Columbia in Chicago today. I took my car in for inspection and had the following conversation.

Ann, “Karl, Jim from the garage on the phone.”

Karl, “Jim, what’s it look like.”

Jim, “Do you want to shoot it or should I? Just to pass the inspection we’re talking 500 dollars with various problems. I fixed the rear tire, but the front one isn’t fixable so you’re looking at a new tire there. If I go after the leak in the radiator you’re looking at $255 for that to start, since I have to take out the water pump to get at where the leak is and it could get a lot more expensive from there. How long to you plan to keep this car?”

Karl, “Don’t do anything else to it, I’ll come in and get it in a bit. I guess I’ll shoot it.”

From the ticket:
Left Front turn signal out
Wiper ripped
Right front tire cord showing
Front brake pads 2/32 rivited
Left front brake hose cracked
Rear linings 0/32 rivited

Three years, 2,000 dollars, not bad. Maybe I can get a hundred dollars for it on a trade in. With two hundred in the bank and unpaid utilities looks like I will be getting more exercise than I had anticipated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home