|

Friday, September 03, 2004

I had a plan about what I was going to write this morning and we’ll get there eventually, but right now I have come to the realization that I have fish-ues(issues relating to fish). I was on my way to work and saw a sign for a weekend long garage sale beginning this morning, I diverted and found myself confronted with a neigh empty wallet and a gaggle of fish tanks; each priced higher than the five dollars in my possession. The haggling gods of “please take my crap” were on my side and I walked with yet another twenty gallon tank – with hood and light no less-for five dollars. I had been concerned that my cichlids would soon outgrown the ten gallon in which they currently languish – I had removed them from the twenty five gallon so they wouldn’t eat the Pleco that I bought to clean said tank, but then the cichlids did seem happy enough so I started buying other fish for the twenty five gallon. So anyway I will eventually move the cichlids up to the new tank, unless I should give it to Dan & Yumi for their wedding….nahhhhhhh.

Dinner last night was great. Ben and Lori are charming and Lori actually worked under Mary Beth for several years at Blueberry Hill, so the six degrees thing again as per usual with Mary Beth – our lives have overlapped many times as is generally common in St. Louis, which Mark Twain once described as the worlds largest small town, I find this to be true over and over again. Maya Café is a new favorite. I had the maple woody, a long island ice tea with a local flair, and I think that its safe to say that Angela’s Mojito knocked her on her ass. Good food, good company, stiff drinks, and then I had to go back into work at eleven pm since the night girl didn’t lock the building and the owner didn’t have his keys on him. Ah well, near and far, high and low, light and dark define each other, so too with work and play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home