|

Friday, September 03, 2004

Whenever I think about marriage and relationships in general I think about
what a gamble they are. This of course makes me think of gambling in general
and in specific gambling with Dan and Yumi. Here they are, the couple on the
right, in this early evening scene of one of our “the tradition continues”
poker nights.



Paul, who is staying with me right now, gambled on love as well,



How could you not love a cute guy like that? His three year anniversary is
next weekend I believe.

The closest I have come to a wedding is standing up in one, here at my
brother’s wedding in Santa Barbara.



Bond, Karl Bond. Maybe I got into the Bond movies too much as a kid.

High school was like that,



College was like that,



Women were my downfall, especially when they knocked me down for being such a
jerk.



I had more of mug for it then, people projecting all kinds of things onto me,



But I’m older and wiser now, and I can see that when trees fall on your house
like the fell on Bob’s, it’s good to have someone like Dan around who you can
count on to throw them off,



so we can cut them up and share all that concentrated sunlight over a fire in
Bob’s Chimnia.



On Jen’s blog she reminisced about our days at the Dukum Inn, with Yumi as
demure pool shark,



I recall plenty of good moments we shared beyond that bar. You could say that
in our lives at that moment we were all on the same bus, headed in the same
direction (like up to Iowa to visit Rachel).



whether we took that bus camping with Dan’s old car for Wallmart beer runs,



or shared or collective creative talents



in any case I look back on that time fondly as we all do, and look forward to
celebrating both the present and the future with Dan and Yumi at their wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home