|

Friday, October 29, 2004

Home again, home again jiggedy jig. (Repeating Blade Runner reference)

What to say… just checked my stat counter – yesterday was off the chart, people checking in to see if I’d go postal I suppose. Hmmmmmmm.

After I got back from lunch the store cleared. Tom, Deby, Tanya & others scattered. I figured there was a cake involved. Behind my desk was an order from All Together Diaper company where we (they) … get their cloth bolster and headrest covers. I took it to the storeroom and saw Deby and Tanya milling in the classroom trying to hide the cake. “Good luck Karl” written on it in icing. I returned to the front desk and asked Jody how long I should pretend not to know there was a cake.

“Humor them.” Yup, that's what I do.

Sooooo the Shiatsu class came down, Tom came back from the bank, and we all went into the classroom for (surprise) the cake. Tom said a few words about how the systems I had established would remain in my absence, that the success of the students there was in part my doing. Sweet Michelle said she’d chosen our school because of me, a few other people said similar things. Tom asked if there were any more testimonials – jovial – and there were. Deby told the story of dropping my birthday cake into a bin of fleece table pads, hugs and pictures ensued. I had to show Tom how to work his camera. No more digital shots for a bit kids as the work camera is no more – though I do have a scanner. Tom hugged me goodbye and I told him, “good luck.” He asked if I had read it off the cake. I had.

The cake was stale. That about sums it up don’t it?

Karl, "I feel like we're breaking up."

Jody, "You and the HAC? Haven't you been here longer than any of your relationships lasted?"

Karl, "Melinda was two and a half years and Ruthann was two, so at three full years that would be yes."

Said goodbye to the building, talked about Spinoza’s conception of God and St. Augustine’s rejection of the Manichean heresy with Jody and we found out we went to high school together and her girlfriend dated Nate. She linked me on friendster, which I invite all of you to do. I had Deby tell me that she wouldn’t have made it without me and I left. Chapter Close.

Page One…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home