|

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I went to bed at ten p.m.

Dream:

I am running up a beach front highway on a Saturday, it’s rainy and foggy and there are groups of protesters every few hundred feet standing in the road trying to flag down the cars that are nearly hitting them. As I make a path through the groups they congratulate me on not driving, on going for a run, and I tell them that while I applaud their anti-auto activism it doesn’t seem too smart and they might get hurt given the weather conditions. I am happy to be getting healthy though, and the running feels good. I’m running up to work to check on my nephew Martin. The HAC needed a store worker to cover a weekend Reiki workshop. They needed a baby sitter. I had refused to work and Martin volunteered. When I get there he and my brother Phil are playing video games. I have a bottled water and join them. Dream logic is great at summarizing the ground level, now time positions of the body.

While we applaud your potential activism, you might get hurt if you do it in the wrong way at the wrong time. It’s just a babysitting job after all, and if your nephew can do it while playing video games certainly you can. You should be proud and happy that you are moving towards a healthier lifestyle. Your family has got your back.

A dream within a dream – later I dream that I am dreaming, that I have learned to fly & am flying a hot air balloon. This is a dream about my father. It’s about controlled drifting. My folks will be here next week. Dad seems to think we can do the repairs ourselves on the blue Chevy car and get 7-8 hundred out of it. Cool. Sandy’s scheduled C-section is this Friday. Yet again someone is going to make me say uncle. My mom’s birthday is November 2nd. I date people in a set birthday range, October 6th – December 26th or at least that’s been my pattern. What’s the astrology there? Is my mom's birthday my astrological dating fulcrum?

I had an insight into my smoldering temper this a.m. When I was a child one of my favorite shows was the live action Incredible Hulk. There is a deep vein in my personality of “Don’t get me angry, you won’t like me when I’m angry.” I remember having room-smashing tantrums as a young child. I was also conditioned by this cartoon Rodger Ramjet. Not many people I mention it to have seen it. Roger was this crazy American pilot who would get into trouble and then pull a Popeye, instead of spinach it was proton energy pills that gave him the strength of twenty atom bombs for twenty seconds.



When Ramjet takes his proton pill the crooks begin to worry
They can’t escape the awful fate of Proton’s mighty furry
Rodger Ramjet he’s our man, hero of our nation
For his adventures just be sure and stay tuned to this station!

I proton energy-d out the basement of the HAC yesterday throwing out all manner of useless crap: cathartic. Now I just need to throw myself out, ha. The only way for me to make it through is to hurl myself at what I can do to leave the place in the best possible shape. Don’t get me wrong I am not all character. Yesterday I had to run bunch of errands to places like Office & Home Depot, so I went to Goodwill first and bought a bunch of fifty cent cassette tapes for the new van. The best among these would be the thirteen greatest James Bond themes all on one tape.

I then went home and got another shower, walked the dog, cleaned out the van from the road trip and to accommodate the purchases of the day. As Jen said, “Good for you. What are they going to do? Fire you.”

Perhaps in my next career I will be a spy. “From Russia with love…….


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home