|

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I forgot to mention that when John and I went out on Monday to see Madahoochi, Beetle Bob was there. One does not dance with Beetle Bob, as Bob dances alone. I did, however, spend many songs dancing next to Bob.



I measure some part of my life in relation to Bob. I see it as a given that if he is there at that show with you, then you are at the best show for that given day in the St. Louis area. I don’t go out much, so I don’t see him like I used to. The last time was over the summer at the Schlafley Art Festival in front of the main stage. The time before that I nearly walked into him rounding a corner when Angela and I went to see a Bach performance to raise money for a charter school.

I first danced next to Bob when I started going to shows in the late eighties. I’d seen him before a particular Toasters show at The Alley which is now The Galaxy, but that show was the first time I saw him skank and I’ve always respected a good skanker. Anyway, to see Bob for me is to get a kind of mini blessing from a mini saint. This bodes well kids. It bodes well.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home