|

Saturday, January 29, 2005

It’s 1:51 a.m. on a Friday night/Saturday morning and I am thinking about blogging. Sad really. I went to see Million Dollar Baby with Angela, Vick, and my nephew T. We were leaving the theater afterwards and noticed that Hotel Rwanda started in ten minutes so we ducked into the theater. So, two films for the price of one and much food for thought. You don’t need my review – they are both worth your time –nuff said.


After the flicks there was the always-exciting drive home in an ice storm. St. Louis recently bought another plow so that brings the grand total for the metro up to three. I opted for the highway, over the city streets, as the heavier traffic makes the highway more passable. Delmar is a sheet of ice and I parked in the garage so here’s to hoping I can get up the steep driveway tomorrow – not that I have anywhere to go.


I had dinner with Liz last night – fabulous roast – and we watched Robin William’s last comedy special – the one with the routine about the origins of golf. We went up the street to rent Eddie Izzard, but apparently transvestite historical comedians are a tough sell in her neighborhood.

Liz, “They aren’t going to have it. This is not the Loop.”

Karl, “They seemed pissed off for video store employees.”

Liz, “Again, this is not the loop. They are pissed off. Everyone in this neighborhood is pissed off.”

Liz played an album for me that Ann played for me the other night – Jeff Buckley. Always odd to have two unrelated people point you to the same musician in a week’s time.

I tried to quit the book deal today, but they like my work so far to such a degree that they are cutting me enough rope to hang myself with. Yet again we are renegotiating. I think Jo is going on retreat to India so we’ll deal with it when he gets back in a couple of months. In the meantime I am off the proverbial deadline hook and I might get some side work from Lynn.

I got an email from Mike, who I worked with on the hotel press kits and web pages last year - so maybe I can make a freelance go of it after all. Nah, I’d rather get a gig at this point in time. Elsevier is not out of the picture yet and they fly their employees to Europe for trainings so that would not suck. I got sub packets today from Maplewood and Parkway, so it’s all onwards and upwards here at the old Fulcrum HQ. Right – my martini is dry in the empty way - so it’s off to the sack kids. Hope you’re all well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home