|

Monday, January 10, 2005

What do you do when you wake up at three thirty in the morning worried about all that you have to accomplish this week? Do you get started on everything essential? Apparently I redesign my blog.

So it’s three forty five in the a.m. and I must say my sleep schedule is shot – most days in the past week I was up until three and asleep until ten. Two nights in a row I started a movie at one a.m. thinking I’d fall asleep watching it – nope, finished them both. Brad figures that I am re-establishing my bartending schedule for a triumphant return to the profession.

Tonight I fell asleep over at Brad and Beth’s after they let me cook a big breakfast of bacon and eggs – they were having pizza which I can’t do right now. We were watching The Mummy after the disappointing Packer defeat. Bret, what were you thinking with that forward pass after the line of scrimmage? You could have easily had the first down. Should I mention the four interceptions? Anyway I fell asleep there and when I woke up everyone else was crashed, so I just let myself out and came home. I went right back to sleep until just a little bit ago and I feel now like I’m up for the day.

The redesign – I’m still teaching myself HTML so a lot of the changes here are the result of guess work, trial and error, that sort of thing. I’m happy that I figured out how to right justify the links, as that was something I liked about the last template. The image that is in the upper left could be larger. I could drop the white border that cuts through it. I could change the color of the Fulcrum Monkey text so that I could enlarge the picture, but have the writing transposed over it. All in all we’re talking work in progress. Still, change is good and I’m going to have a lot of change here pretty quickly, so why not get started working on anything static.

The image is actually one of a fulcrum of sorts. I was thinking I would try to retain the thematic. The image of Becky under the Eades bridge doesn’t really convey anything about the content of the blog. Ultimately I might do something Tiki with a monkey in a fez, but that can wait until I’m more advanced.


At the time I took these pictures I was working as a dishwasher in a cafeteria. Occasionally odd things would come out of the industrial dishwasher such as forks that had been mangled into hand-like formations, or this glass that has been broken into two pieces. I did a long series with these forks and perhaps I’ll post a few more. My favorite one in this progression has the two forks conspiring together to burn a photograph of me.



This new software – adobe – that I am using to run my scanner doesn’t work as well as the old Image Expert software did. With adobe I lose image quality when I rotate pictures that I scan and I didn’t with the old software. Unfortunately the old software was part of my install with Windows Millennium and I couldn’t find it on its own when I looked through the old installation files. Ah well. The point is that these images are printed on high contrast paper, Agfa 5 I think, which does not translate so well to jpg. I still have my lenses, tripod, lights, etc. Unfortunately the body of my old camera is toast. I’d want to get a new rig anyway if I were to get back into it. Maybe go totally digital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home