|

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

What do you keep your somnia in? I kept mine in the living room until three a.m. last night and then slept until ten or so. The past two nights have required couch sleeping. My couch is less comfortable physically than my bed, but there is something psychologically comforting about the couch sleep – what could it be? Childhood echoes of soup and blankets while you stay home from school and watch The Price is Right? The support of the couch back reministent of the snuggle of your first significant other? The proximity to the glowing fire of your crackling television set reminding your Cro-Magnon hard wiring of the warmth and safety in numbers huddled round Prometheus’ gift? Variety? Who knows. Am I the only one that craves a good couch sleep from time to time?

Ok, I’m developing a full-blown case of internet addiction. To combat this I am going to be resorting to “to do” lists that keeps me offline. It occurs to me that the other bloggers I read don’t post very often because they have jobs, commitments, and lives. So I best be off to get me some of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home