|

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Not sure how much I’ll get out right now as I am exhausted and have been typing all day. My first day back to work was good. Unfortunately we three temps of Snelling Inc. are once again unemployed (there were three of us – Lyn, Kevin, & I). All morning long I kept getting projects and finishing them far faster than was expected. By early afternoon they were farming me out to other departments. My main job was transferring data from various Peachtree reports into Excel. I also wrote collections letters (ironic) and checked invoices against amelioration charts. Then they gave me one last audit related project and asked that I stay late to complete it so I wouldn’t have to come back the next day. My two fellow temps and I were such eager beavers that we worked ourselves out of a job, or it could have been the hair, or it could have been as they said that we completed what we could help with for the audit as they let the non hairy temps go as well. Who knows? I know I did an excellent job in terms of the actual work, not that any of it was rocket science. I made a little money. Anyway it was a nice one-day gig and such is the life of a temp – single serving friends. Karl, what happened to two to four weeks? Your guess is as good as mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home