|

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I had a very long meeting with Jane where she went over my transcripts with a fine-toothed comb. I have most of the rapid certification requirements taken care of already – this is for 9th-12th. I am looking at three intensive courses over the summer and an internship in the fall. There will be a few additional courses if I want to complete the M.Ed., but I can get my certification out of the way before I do that. If I get hired for a fall classroom then the job will work for my internship. Best of all I can take out a huge student loan to cover tuition, house bills, and roll some of my credit card debt into low rate student loans, and get my car fixed and registered as the tags expire in July and the front wheel is acting strange.

The bad news is the course schedule is designed for people teaching summer school, so it would conflict with a typical bar work schedule. I should be able to take out enough in loans that I won’t have to work and I suppose it would help to be uber focused, as these will be intensive classes. I start classes May 16th. I do not need to retake the GRE, get letters of recommendation, or any other similar hassles. I have already been accepted and am enrolled in the program. I had never been to UMSL before today. It’s about a ten minute drive due north from my front door. This is such a no brainer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home