|

Thursday, June 16, 2005

This was the week that my life was really going to speed up, and it has. I’ve done a lot more today in terms of task completion then I am used to doing in a week. You won’t have pictures for a bit because I had to return the digital camera and they are out of stock on that particular brand. They gave me a gift card for the value of the camera which I am sorry to say that I had to use for food (Target isn’t known for their fresh food). Once again I am that tight. I am going out of town on twenty bucks and should have 5,000 in the bank by the time I get home. Always a day late and a dollar short.

I am still jumping through hoops with financial aid. There was a delay in my award letter coming out (they didn’t print one and send it until I asked them why it was two weeks late). My appeal, which I won, caused a glitch in the system so my first award letter was cancelled and my second one wasn’t printed. It wasn’t until I got a bill for the university that I realized that once again there was something wrong. I have been living on a 1,000 dollar university loan that I took out against my eventual government loan. That is now vapor.

So I got the award letter today and finally filled out the promissory note with entrance counseling. The twenty-five minute counseling computer program crashed on my last answer and I had to repeat the process.

I got my Father’s Day card off. I talked to them last night and dad said he is worried that my description of the front end problem I am having with the car could clear 1,000 dollars in repair costs – this is the car that I still owe my brother for since I lost my job the month after I got it. I just can’t seem to get ahead. It will all work out, it’s just endlessly frustrating.

I mailed my nephew a late grad card with a small gift and got my dry cleaning together for the trip. Here’s a good one: I leave tomorrow for this wedding in Oregon which I have just found out that I am standing up in. I also wrote the wedding. Perhaps I’ll post the ceremony before we go if you’re curious. So now I need a black suit. I have a blue suit. I need a black suit. So Beth and I are going shopping after my class gets out at 7pm to buy me a suit which I can’t afford, which BJ is paying Beth for and then I am paying BJ back when my loan comes in. Beth already bought my plane ticket. It is your friends that get you through.

I wish I could show you the Canna. More than that, the first bloom on the Mr. Lincoln roses that I planted bloomed this morning. My first bloom on my own personal rose bush. That’s something, isn’t it? After all, it's Bloomsday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home