|

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Crazy Canna count: 68 individual sprouts – 59 in the main bed and 9 on the side of the garage.

Steve’s back. Steve is the rabbit who spent most of last summer in our front yard eating clover. When I pull into the driveway he’ll hang out for a bit until I walk up to our door, then he usually dashes around the house to the right. I saw him yesterday, but I wasn’t sure it was really Steve until today. I guess the clover is just now coming back in. I had guessed that it was Steve who was munching on the Canna in the backyard. When the shoots were really small some critter kept biting them off at the ground. I must admit I was upset with him then, but now I think his trimming fostered new plants and the current extravaganza may be in part the result. So well done Steve and welcome back.

I’m already getting ready to travel again. I took the dry cleaning in and have started to pack for Friday’s trip to Oregon. I’ve never been to this part of the country so I am a little excited. I need to go exchange my camera this afternoon to make sure I can get a few pictures to post.

I am tired and having issues with someone somewhere that I might work for. The nature of the problem shall not be discussed for the usual reasons. Let us say that their excrement is not all in one place and I have yet to begin doing something that I was supposed to start on Monday. The head office blames the local office but promises I’ll be off and running by tomorrow. I will not have the weekend to catch up, so I am a little concerned, but I don’t have class tomorrow.

I am taking my medicine before I go to bed to reduce symptoms and I am sleeping like the dead. I wake feeling like my cradle fell out of the stupid tree and I hit every branch on the way down, only to arise amid the clutter of broken boughs unsure of whom, where, and when I am. Two nights ago I dreamt I was a dragon running in circles and last night I dreamt my doctor told me that she couldn’t save me. I am thick with dream dew, how about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home