|

Friday, June 10, 2005

I'm at the Lake of The Ozarks. This picture is from last year, but you get the idea. To post anything from here on dial up would take forever so you'll have to wait on pictures from the weekend, if I post any. This may turn into one of those weekends that are left in Vegas. My beverage of choice for this den of iniquity is Peach Snapple. I'm a wild one. Brad's mom is a Snapple addict.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Last night was poker of course and today Brad and I have a 10:10 tee time. I guess St. Louis got hit with huge storms yesterday. Eric called home to discover he has a tree down and Tyler's property had a small flood. I hope everything is ok for you all up there. We made it out of town before the storm hit and, but for a brief deluge, it missed us on the highway.

If you know this part of the country or care to stalk us on a map we are around mile marker 21. The lawyers had a tee time of seven a.m., so we were all up early. This weekend was originally structured a continuing education conference for their yearly requirements and then quite recently we grafted Jason's Bachelor Party onto it.

Sophomoric Film Quote:

"Just where do you gentleman think you are?"

"Detroit?"
"The Library of Congress?"
"Beyond the sun?"

My vacation read is Infinite Jest. So far my movie pitch would be Fitzgerald writes A confederacy of Dunces, but lifts the central character from Catcher in the Rye.

I had an actual story that I wanted to tell, but it took so long to get this thing up and running that i have forgotten what it was. Shame, I feel like I haven't told a story in a while.

Yesterday was busy with getting everything set to leave town. I had to do a little shopping and then I wrote a twelve page paper from ten a.m. to 1:30 followed by helping Mary out by replacing a dead car battery. Then I had to get the paper in to the instructor and run an errand for my new job, so before we left town I had already logged a few hours in my car. I now have one class complete for the summer and two new ones that start Monday. I am taking psyche 101 at the same time that I take educational psychology. It'll be interesting to be outside my primary disciplines.

My brother Phil, the physicist from that I.M. post, used to keep a diary when he was seventeen. I found it when I was in my teens and there was essentially a page for everyday with lists rather than observations. The linking element, as in Bridget Jone's weight or cigarette score, was his ping pong matches with my father. I beat Dad. Dad beat me.

I feel like as a diarist that's the sort of thing I've been publishing here for a while now, just a list of my day-to-day scores. I guess Summer is a time for tennis, table or otherwise. Nets, loves, and matches tick off as the partners endlessly switch sides.

Sad observation: I had an ex I lived with once ask me if i had been reading her diary. I balked, "No, of course not." Then I thought immediatly to myself "I can't imagine anything that I would be less interested in reading" and then I knew that it was over and I was sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home