|

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Meat Crazy!!!!!!

With Jes and her fish n’ chicken habit out of town I have decided to roast meat. I am trying something my grandmother used to do, but that I have never done. I am slow roasting a pork roast and a beef roast together in my industrial roasting pan. My parents sent half their garden home with me so I have hundreds of huge carrots to use – substantially fatter than a beer bottle big ass make you look like a cartoon bugs bunny WWII buy your war bonds promo for the Marine Corps super carrots. So I’ve got super carrots, potatoes, onions, a little olive oil, some fresh rosemary from the porch and 3.5 hours at 250, which is not super slow but will yield the desired result before midnight – seven thirty I think (4-6 lbs = 3.5 hrs at 250 degrees). I floured and then seared both cuts of meat in olive oil and garlic so that might shave some time off.

No trip to the ville. It’s 100 degrees and my car AC is broke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home