|

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Vicki – and perhaps others – were looking for a longer account of our travels. We had a nice time. The snow was beautiful and the family time was much needed. Unfortunately I am a little cooked after a ten hour ride there and a nine hour ride back. I’ve also had a weekend filled with speeding tickets, traffic jams, fifteen degrees below zero wind chills (the day we arrived), negative bank balances (the day we got back), a fight with my roommate (the day before we left), renegotiating living situations (I am moving further into the city prior to January 1st because of said fight), emergency room visits (a friend’s child got tangled up with another friend’s dog to the tune of a few stitches tonight) and other sundries (current tornado watch and hail storm). I haven’t struck out yet, but the curve balls and perpetual sliders have me off my game and I’ve forgotten what a home run looks like.

In my attempt to improve my life I am currently fighting an uphill battle and feel like I am taking ten steps back for every two steps forward. I am trying to stay positive, but I am also angry and a little impatient. I can see my better life on the horizon, but I am going to have to eat a lot of shit before it gets here. That’s life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home