|

Monday, January 16, 2006

I recommend that you take me with a grain of salt. After two rather long winded and oddly philosophical posts I think it best that I return to mundane observances about my life and circumstance.

At some point over the weekend the house next to ours was broken into. No one lives there. The house is under construction. Either Saturday or Sunday night – the owner isn’t sure which, but is assuming it was a nocturnal raid – someone or some band of people kicked in the garage door and stole thousands of dollars in tools and not yet installed fixtures. As the owner was asking me if I heard or saw anything unusual I could tell that he was just heart broken over the theft.

Our backyard is fenced, but I think I am going to have to get chains for everything we keep back there. Theft is so common that I hear people talk about it as an unavoidable tax on city living. Ah well, at least defending the home front gives the dog something to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home